Anger is a strong feeling of irritation towards something or someone. It is a natural human emotion that is completely normal until you start destructing things or hurt people around yourself. It varies from being mild to being intense. It can be caused due to both internal and external factors. Even memories of certain situations or people can make you enraged. Managing anger can be done with some of the following:
1. Meditate: Reflect yourself of why you get angry. Meditation has been proved one of the most effective anger management strategies worldwide. Just find a comfortable place and breathe and relax. Use guided meditation in the beginning and gradually you can move on your own. The key here is calming you.
2. Change the Environment: This is first-aid for anger management. Certain situations dont need to be handled. Leave them as they are. Change the place or go out in the middle of a heated situation. Leaving the place will save you from being angry and hurt someone. Dont see something that triggers you.
3. Think: Take a timeout and think. When you are angry, you say certain things that you dont mean in the heat of the situation. In the heat of the moment, if you say something wrong, you have to regret later. So better think and then speak. Or just be quiet for that moment.
4. Imagination: Visualize a happy place or a loved one to keep yourself calm and change your mood.
5. Dont get discouraged: Even after trying hard on yourself, if you are having anger outbursts dont get discouraged. Instead, take a breath and start trying again. Fall down seven times, stand up eight., this is how it works.