Most popular and widely used LAN technology Ethernet currently operates in Star Topology.
Advantages of Star Topology
• Easy to install and wire.
• No disruptions to the network when connecting or removing devices.
• Easy to detect faults and to remove parts.
Disadvantages of Star Topology
• Requires more cable length than a linear bus topology.
• If the connecting network device (network switch) fails, nodes attached are disabled and cannot participate in network communication.
• More expensive than linear bus topology because of the cost of the connecting devices (network switches).